Thursday, March 29, 2012

Stolen Post

I saw this chart on Pinterest a while back, and am officially deeming it worthy to share.  It absolutely amazes me how much sugar we consume.  It's in pretty much every single thing we eat and drink, but the truth of the matter is, the more we eat, the more we want.  Yes, sugar is very addicting.  Yet, as is the case with everything else, it is fully within our control.

 And just to prove one more time to you that I am in fact on this journey WITH you... this post is coming to you at the end of a day where I *drank* about 600 times the amount of sugar that any normal person should consume in any given day.  Ah yes, it started with Splenda in some coffee at the beginning of a very long day of meetings (Splenda=fake sugar=no calories, but totally weird).  I then downed a Snapple with lunch, and followed that up with some hot chocolate at the end of the day.  I vow to drink nothing but water tomorrow and hope that it all evens out. Blah.

So for those of you who are like me and enjoy a visual aid, here it is in all its glory:  the disgusting amount of sugar we consume in everyday foods and drinks. And for those of you skeptics who enjoy a disclaimer, here it is in all its glory: I have literally no idea who the original creator of this chart is.  I'm choosing to believe it is truth, but I guess unless I take the time to do the math, I will have no real way of knowing.  If you are math person and enjoy that kind of thing, please feel free to figure it out and let me know.

And on that note... ENJOY!
Pinned Image

...and now you know. 

Have a healthy day,

J

No comments:

Post a Comment