Thursday, March 8, 2012

The good hurt


Have you ever been so tired and sore that when you sit down on the couch you actually FEEL relief?  Ha! That was totally me last night.  I actually didn't even realize how tired and sore I was until I sat down! After my brutally early treadmill/free weight workout, I spent the rest of the gorgeous day all hopped up on energy.  We were running errands, going on walks, and playing outside for most of it.  By the time I sat down at 8:00, my feet and legs were already sore.  And as soon as I said it out loud, Husband looked at me and said, "Are you bragging or are you complaining?"  Hmmm.  I had to think about it for a second, but then realized that I was actually bragging!  "Well, then good for you.  You must've done something right."  Wow, that early morning jumpstart to my day was actually worth it!!

Today, my calves are tight.  My hamstrings are tight, and my obliques actually hurt.  Going up the stairs was actually a chore.  I haven't felt like this after a workout in the longest time, and I've missed it!  You see, I tend to THINK I'm working hard in the moment, but sometimes by the time I get home, I feel like I could go do it again.  And I'm usually sore at night OR the next day, but hardly ever both.  That's definitly proof that I need to work harder!!! 



It's painful, it's time consuming, and it's frustrating sometimes.  But you know what?  IT'S ALL WORTH IT. It's the Good Hurt, and I want it every time!! 

And there's no rest for the weary.  Zumba tonight.  Yeah! I hope your workout is good today, too!  Do it till it hurts!!! 

Have a healthy day,

J





No comments:

Post a Comment