Monday, March 5, 2012

Goal Setting Monday (GSM)


 Are you a "lister"? I'm a wannabe. I work so well and efficiently when I make lists.   When I was working full time, I was a major lister.  Every afternoon before I left for the day, I would jot down 5 action items for the following day. (I heard somewhere a long time ago that a to-do list should never contain more than 5 items.)  Being able to cross them off as the day went on gave me such a sense of accomplishment!  My problem is that I (for some unknown reason) don't make lists when I'm home.  Instead of crossing things out throughout the day, I end up cramming a bunch of random chores in right before I go to bed.  I get some stuff done, but not nearly as much as I would if I would just write it down.  Additionally, I never feel a true sense of accomplishment.  So here it is- goal number one for this week is to write a to-do list for each day of the week. Pretty easy goal, right?

Goal number two is to get 4 good workouts in.  After taking Friday off (yeah, I totally didn't even walk like I talked about), I tried to make it to yoga on Saturday morning, only to get shut out AGAIN.  Ugh!  I tried to power through a workout anyway, but I was pretty irritated (and I was wearing the wrong pants for cardio), so after 20 minutes on the elliptical I just packed up and left.  And I never make it to the gym on Sundays.  Needless to say, I'm jonesing for a good workout today.  I'm teaching tonight, and I'm really hoping for a class full of good energy.  We're gonna get this week started on the right foot!

  

And Goal number three will probably make me sound like a total nerd, but I'm going to tell you anyway.  I need to finish the book I'm reading.  I've been reading Mockingjay for so long now.  It's not that I don't like it- I do!  I'm super excited for the Hunger Games movie to come out, and I need to have this book finished before I can go see it.  What happens is that I spend way too much time Facebooking, Pinning, and watching reality TV after the boys go to bed at night and not enough time reading.  My Kindle is telling me that I'm 30% finished with it.  So this week- get OFF the internet, and READ! 

 
So there you have it.  Starting today,   I will no longer hate Mondays.  I will instead see them as a great way to start fresh, to set new goals, and to make new progress.  HELLLLOOOOO MONDAY!

What are your goals for the week?

Have a healthy day,

J

No comments:

Post a Comment