Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Supermarket Savvy


This is CLEARLY not my family.
My children are neither helpful
nor calm while grocery shopping.
If there's one chore I've learned to hate, it's grocery shopping.  There is literally no convenient time for me to accomplish this task. Before work is inconvenient. After work is not an option because the boys are taking naps, at night when they're in bed is impossible because every weeknight is spoken for in this house. So that leaves the window of time between the end of naps and dinner.  Also known as the worst time of day to try to get young children to behave.  Ah, I love my life. (check out my other blog about my true feelings on my life: http://naptimeisthenewhappyhour.blogspot.com/).

What kind of shopper are you? Do you make a list, use coupons, have a plan?  I don't.  I mean, I try to.  I want to, badly.  But by the time I get in there, sedate the heathens with something relatively healthy yet still appealing (today is was the store's leftover green bagels), I have little choice but to grab and run and hope that I am collecting enough to put together at least a couple complete meals.

My all time fav- chocolate peppermint stick
I hope it worked. I'm not even gonna lie- I am already looking forward to eating tomorrow.  Does that ever happen to you?  You go grocery shopping and then start fantasizing about the deliciousness that you will consume in the days to come?  (No, you don't do that?  Wow, ok, I'm embarrassed.) I just can't help it, though.  And yesterday two of my favorite things were on sale: Luna Bars and Greek yogurt.


The yogurt was mixed with some granola after I ran another 2 miles this morning.  So delish! And the Luna was the mid-morning snack.  I am loving my meal plan so far today.  What have you eaten today?  Are you as happy with your choices as I am with mine? 


If not, what are you gonna do about it?
Have a healthy day,

J

No comments:

Post a Comment