Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Fusion Workouts



 

Remember how I told you I had to hit it hard last night at the gym?  Well, I did, and it actually felt really good!  I've mentioned "my class" in a few posts now, but haven't really explained it very well.  I teach a Fusion class, and it's AWESOME!  It's kind of a combination of pilates, low impact cardio, and yoga.  We do tons of strength building exercises, but mainly without weights. (Or if we do pick up weights, they're usually no heavier than 3 pounds).  It's amazing how powerful your own body can be when it's tested.  The concept of this class is totally fresh.  We get our heart-rates up, feel the burn, and leave class as sweaty messes who feel strong and ready to take on the world.

I totally have what I've self-diagnosed as Exercise ADD.  I get completely bored with doing the same workouts over and over. I'm pretty sure that's why I hate running so much. (Well, that, and I have built up such a mental block that I now feel like I'm gonna die the second I break in to a jog). But anyway, that's why I love Fusion workouts so much.  You can't ever get bored because it's always something different.  Like, in my class, we'll do some low impact, strength building cardio followed by some planks followed by some yoga stretching. Before we know it, 30 minutes has passed and it's time to get down on our mats for some traditional Pilates stuff.  It goes by so quickly!

I go to a great Step class sometimes too.  It's not a Fusion class, but it's a Circuit class. So, instead of a bunch of styles being all mashed together, we'll do step circuits followed by weight circuits. Cardio and weight-training together = maximum fat burning!!  Yes Please!! 
Mix it up, do it all, fuse it all together... just do something!

So last night it was some fusion for strength and flexibility and tonight it will be some heart pumping Zumba.  What will your workout look like today?  Whatever it is, I hope you get the most out of it that you possibly can! Like I always say to my class members: that hour of time at the gym is probably one of the only hours in the day that is just for YOU. So make the most of it! 

Have a healthy day,

J

1 comment:

  1. Hey there! So glad you found my blog! I'm glad I found yours! Your class sounds fun! I get exercise ADD too...it's good to switch it up every now and then.

    ReplyDelete