Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Writer's Block

I haven't forgotten about you, I promise.  In fact, it's quite the opposite.  As I go through my days, I am constantly thinking, "oooh, this will make a great blog post".  I usually forget to tell you about it though, but hey- at least you know where my intentions are. 

I've got a major case of writer's block today.  I think it has something to do with the 8 million other things that I have to get done before the end of the week.  Here's just a quick snapshot of this week's tasks:
  • Order cupcakes for the big birthday bash this weekend.  Make sure they look like zoo animals. After all, you ARE SuperMom, and the kids will OBVIOUSLY care.
  • Devise a plan for Father's Day.  Make it seem like you are actually on top of things, so that Husband-slash-Baby-Daddy feels as appreciated as he actually is.
  • Do some laundry so that you don't have to recycle gym clothes...again...
  • Admit to yourself that you actually went through with the plan to invite people over to your house on Saturday night, because 2 celebrations for a 5-year-old just aren't enough.  
  • Shop for said people.
  • Clean the house for said people.
  • Tie up loose ends at work.  Because, you know, people have to actually *earn* their paychecks.  You are not exempt from this little sticking point, and your school year is not techinically over yet.
  • By and deliver gifts for the multiple babies who have been born recently, one of whom lives clear on the other side of the city.  (But babies are cute, so why is this one stressing me too?)
  • Take CJ to visit his new school.  Pray that Ty doesn't act crazy. Remember to brush your hair before you go.  There will be people there you've never met.  Don't let them know you are a hot-mess at all times.  Let them figure that out on their own.
  • Don't forget to take CJ to his 5-year-old check up. Tell him that the 12 shots he has to get won't hurt.  No, bad idea.  Instead, play dumb when the nurse tells him he has to get 12 shots.  Then bribe him with candy or ice cream or both.

Ok, I gotta go.  I may or may not drive off the nearest bridge before the day ends. 

Have a healthy day (being stressed out is a great way to stay perfectly healthy, right?!?!!?),

J

No comments:

Post a Comment