Monday, June 18, 2012

Getting Back On Track



We made it through our crazy weekend relatively  unscathed. Summer vacation is so close I can smell it, and my cellulitey (yes, I just made that word up) thighs are terrified, as they should be.  Bottom line- I HATE THEM, and have decided they need to be gone.  Enter Operation: Buckle Down. 

Two birthday parties, a neighborhood party and Father's Day meant that our weekend was filled with food, drinks, lack of sleep, being totally stressed out, more food, more drinks, and zero gym time.  We had fun and it was absolutely worth it.  I mean, seriously, how could you not have fun when cupcakes, presents, and Dude Club shirts are involved?
Wearing this girly-looking fuzzy hat was not his favorite party moment.  Yet he
still let me take his picture.  It may have had something to do with the fact that I said,
"Put the hat on and act like you enjoy it, or I'll eat your cupcake myself."


Let's not talk about the fact that the personally requested RED frosting
actually turned out looking kinda pink.  Nor should we talk about the fact that
the venue we picked ended up being the biggest waste of money ever.

Look at these guys... I am so lucky.


We ate, we drank, we were merry.  Good times.

And this morning I got this week started on the right foot.  Or maybe it was the left. Whatever.  I got up at 5:30 and went running.  It was hot and I was sweaty within about 3 seconds.  I wasn't sure if I could make it, and I pretty much hated every second of it.  But I hate feeling fat even more.  So I kept going.  And after about 20 minutes and 2 miles it was over.  Going to work with a workout already completed is such a great feeling.  I'm thinking about running another 5K on the 4th of July.  Totally doable, don't you think? 


Between that little run and the Power Body class I'm teaching tonight, my online food journal (another way I'm getting back on track this week) told me that I've earned an additional 688 calories!  How awesome is that?!  20 minutes of exercise before work, plus a class that I'm getting paid for, and I get to eat 688 calories and still be on track!  Yes please. Another totally doable plan.  


And with that,  here are some of my goals for the week: 

1. 5 morning runs
2. Online food journaling every day
3. Sign up for one of the million races that are happening around here on the 4th.  

What are you doing this week?????

Have a healthy day,

J


No comments:

Post a Comment