Thursday, July 11, 2013

My kid eats ants

There is nothing cute about it. Well, except my kid. He is cute.

Seriously. Here he is on his last day of kindergarten just a couple of weeks ago, looking fly and acting grown. 

Also, WELL beyond the acceptable ant-eating age. 

He did it a few weeks ago.  Picked up an ant and put it on his tongue. It bit him (ants bite??) and he spit it out. 

I thought it was over, and I thought wrong. 

Last weekend while at my parents' house  for a sleepover, they watched a movie about a kid who eats worms. They now challenge each other to eat all worms, both dead and alive, and put the challenge on my friend's innocent little boy a few days ago. And I honestly thought he was going to succumb to the pressure. 

My kids are so gross. 

This morning as I was frantically running around the house trying to get them to camp early in order to maximize my time away from them, (I mean that in the nicest sense possible), the little(r) one looks up at me and says, "mama, I just ate an ant. CJ told me to." I said, "CJ, quit telling your brother to do disgusting things."  His response: "it's fine Mom, I did it too."  Awesome. 

I told them if they do it again, the ants will probably lay eggs in their stomachs and they will have to go to the hospital to get a bunch of baby ants sucked out. Was that bad? 

I love  being a boy mom. 

Have a healthy day, 

J

No comments:

Post a Comment