Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Yoga And A Mile

Hey there!  It is SO cold out today.  My car told me this morning that it was 9 out on my way to work.  My hands and face verified this while I stood like an idiot at the gas station with no gloves on.  Who in their right mind lets their gas tank get down to just about nothing and then pumps gas with no gloves on in the NINE degree weather??  Oh wait... 

 
 
Moving on.  Happy (belated) MLK Jr Day.  I used to always be thankful for this guy because he allowed us to have was a random Monday off from school.  And now I am thankful for this guy because, without him, I'm not sure my gorgeous family would even exist.  And without him, these two amazing people might not even have the chance to make their marks on the world:
 


So thank you, Martin Luther King Jr, for having your dream, and for helping my dream to become a reality. 


The boys didn't have their Religious Ed classes on Sunday, so instead of putting ourselves and everyone around us through the torture of taking them to church with us, we took the morning off.  I headed to the gym and got there 2 minutes late for yoga.  It was really freaking packed, but I slid my mat in between two unsuspecting souls.  It was hard, yo.  My shoulders were legit shaking and I may or may not have had to sit a move or two out to just catch my breath in child's pose.  I kindof wanted to sit in child's pose for the last 20 minutes of class, but then I remembered that skinny people don't do that. 

And since I had off yesterday, I went to the gym in the morning instead of early evening.  And guess what I was just in time for?  Yep, Active Yoga!  So I went again.  OMG, two days in a row.  With the same teacher.  And she is no joke.  I made the decision right in the middle of class that I want to get really good at yoga.  It was hard again, but I felt so bendy afterwards.  And then, (because I'm such a workout fanatic, obviously,) I got on the treadmill.  I had the intention to bang out a "quick" mile.  (Quick mile= best oxymoron ever).  My legs felt even heavier than their usual 500 pounds each after that yoga class so I told myself I'd just do a half mile and head out.  But then I felt like a total wimp for stopping so quickly, so I kept going.  And then I just really wanted it to be over, so I tried to run as fast as I could. (And by that, I mean at 7.0).  My face was beat red and I had sweat dripping down my face.  So I did what any normal person does after a good workout:  hit up the Pizza Hut lunch buffet.
 
 
I love days off! 

So, no workout for me today, unless I decide to do some Exercise On Demand on the TV later tonight.  I might, but probably not.  Whatever.  I'm back at it tomorrow. 

Have a healthy day,

J

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness. Only light can do that.  Hate cannot drive out hate.  Only love can do that." -Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment