Thursday, January 3, 2013

Resolution Epic Fail

Oh hi!  Remember me? I'm the chick who decided a while back to write a blog, and then decided to never update it.  Um, yeah...

Anyway, I'm happy to be back. I made a resolution the other day that this would be the year I would re-commit to this little ol' blog.  And so far, three days in, I've failed miserably.  Yikes.  Ok, well, I'll start today.   Here goes. 

You're dying to know what's been happening in my neck of the woods over the past month, aren't you?  I know. 

Well, I turned 33.  I'm feelin' so old, yo.  But I had a really great night with a big family dinner at a hibachi restaurant and got totally spoiled with some new Lulu gear and.... drum roll please... an iphone!  Yes that is correct.  Mama got an iphone. And she is officially obsessed.  (But she doesn't really know how to upload pictures from the phone on to this little blog.  She's old. But she'll figure it out. And then she'll stop talking about herself in the third person.) 

Um, what else? I spent my entire week off last week sick as a dog.  Yep.  It all started last Friday with CJ complaining that he didn't feel well and wanting to stay home from school.  Me, being the super awesome mom that I am, looked down and noticed that he had his fingers crossed.  So, assuming he was lying, I sent his booty to school.  By 1:30 the nurse had called and he was coming home with a fever of 101.  He lifted his little pathetic body off the couch approximately 4 days later, at which time, I laid my not so little pathetic body in that same spot for the next 4 days.  And so it went.  We all took a turn having a pounding headache, fever, and pure exhaustion.  It was a wonderful way to spend my vacation. 

But other than that, Christmas was glorious.  My little buddy was in the play at Church for the first time, and then he turned 4 the day after.  He's 4. Omg.  I told you I was old. 

YAYYY! Told you I'd figure out how to get the
photos off the new phone.  Hmmm...now if
only I could figure out how to take pix
that aren't blurry...
The hubs and I spent New Year's on the couch with Ryan Seacrest and some cough syrup.  I personally hate NYE.  I am so over spending hundreds of dollars I don't have to get entirely too drunk and ultimately waking up the next morning thinking, "wow, that was overrated".  But Husband was all about going to this fancy party that a hotel downtown was hosting.  Luckily, he jumped on my page at the last minute.  I was just about over my sickness by the time it came around, but he was right in the middle of his.  So he drank tea and I drank one drink because I felt like I was supposed to and at 12:04 I went upstairs and went to bed.  ...And LAME-O was their name-o...

Whatevs.  I'm cool.  Really I am.  (No?)

So that's it for now.  I worked out in front of the TV tonight and now the sweat is drying on me and I'm cold.  So I'm heading in to the shower and then I'm going to bed.  Have I ever mentioned how much I hate working out at home.  I do.  I friggin' hate it.  But it's a new year and I need to stop making excuses and start focusing on the fitness. 

What are your new year's resolutions?????

Have a healthy day,

J

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back lady! Me and Jillian are hanging out for 30 days. Thats about it. I tried to say I wanted to start coming to work on time but that only lasted one day. And I am all like sorry I am not sorry! I dont do NYE either. Waste of $ fo sho!

    ReplyDelete