Friday, February 22, 2013

Nothing of Significance

I've been meaning to update more often. I honestly think about it about once a day, and then I just get going with stuff and before I know it, the day is over and I'm sitting my fat butt on the couch watching reality tv. So here, in no particular order, is a list of things that have been going on in my ever-exciting life.

1.  A couple of weeks ago, the temperature outside never got out of the single digits. When we woke up one morning that week and it was a brisk 62 degrees in our house, sheer panic set in. (Now, it needs to be noted that the household husband likes the heat jacked up to about 72. Would you be sweating to death in his presence? Yeah, me too. ) anyway, unable to bear it for even one more second, he called a heating guy to come over at 8:30 on a Friday night. It was amazing to pay this guy $125 for about 20 minutes of  his time. All we needed was to change the stupid $5 filter in the furnace. #homeownerfail.

2.  Ty woke up crying at 4:45 the other day. Since I had my alarm set for 5:00 so I could go to the gym before work anyway, I went in to lay with him for a few minutes. When I told him why I had to get up, he said,"why are you going to the gym? I don't want you to leave me."  I said, "I'm going so that you have a healthy Mama. You don't want to have a fat Mama, right?" His response: " but Mama, you're already kinda fat."


3.  I had to take Ty to get a speech evaluation the other day. It's looking like his days of saying "wets doe" and "my bewwy hurts" are on their way out. Is it weird that I am sad about that? I kinda want to follow him around recording his little voice for the next month before his classes start. His sayings are the cutest. I will miss them.

4.  I want to be thin and fit. I really do. But I really also want to shove my pie hole with pizza and chips every day. It sucks. And so does running on the treadmill. And getting up before dawn to get a workout in before work. And working your butt off and still seeing mounds of cellulite in the mirror? Yep, that sucks too. But you know what doesn't suck? Being strong, healthy and energetic. The moment your workout is over. The sore muscles. So I guess I'll stick with it.

I've got a bunch more random things running around my brain right now, but I'm going to save them for tomorrow.

Have a healthy day,

J

No comments:

Post a Comment