Friday, August 31, 2012

Fill in the Blank Friday (A Link Up)

 


Hi!  Happy almost weekend.  And a three day weekend at that.  I'll bet all of you 9-to-5ers are psyched today, huh?  Me-well, not so much.  I'm one day closer to sending my baby off to become a big school kid.  (Are you sick of hearing about that yet?  Too bad.  My kid is going to kindergarten and I'm freaking out.  Get over it.) 

Anyway, I've never done anything like this before, but today I'm linking up with Lauren from The Little Things We Do. She posted this thing called "Fill in the Blank Friday", and now a whole ton of bloggers are doing it.  So since I love a good bandwagon, I've decided to jump on.  Here we go:

 
 
 
1. Over this Labor Day weekend I will be   crying my eyes out about Kindergarten starting in approximately 3 seconds, eating too much at our friends' BBQ, and celebrating my baby brother's 27th birthday.  Oh shoot, I really need to get him a present...

2. With the political debates going on right now, my thoughts are, "Can these people please stop slamming each other and just tell me how they are going to make things better? Whoever is going to realize that public school kids need to be educated as whole people and not just as standardized test-takers will get my vote".
3. Today  the boys and I had an awesome playdate with a group of friends we started playing with when the oldest ones were 1 and the babies couldn't even sit up.  That's a long time, and we were all sad when we said goodbye. 
4. The best thing I've cooked recently was   some buffalo chicken in the crockpot.  Just one more example of why I am in love with Pinterest.  Holy Man that stuff was good.

5. The last thing I bought was  2 backpacks, some Sharpie markers, and a pack of pens.  Boring with a capital B. It's really great that my students don't even bring a pen to school with them.  I love supplying them with stuff.

6. The best movie I saw this summer was ummmm.... did I even see any movies this summer? I watched this movie on Netflix the other night about this girl who found out at the very beginning that she had cancer.  It was horribly sad and I did that awful shaking cry through the whole thing.  I think I may have even wiped my nose on my shirt. 


7. The best book I read this summer was   50 Shades of Grey.  HaHa, just kidding. I am an English teacher, true.  But I don't think it takes an English teacher to realize that the writing in that book was ridiculously bad.  But if you're looking for a GOOD book, then you should read Room by Emma Donoghue. Trust me on this one.
 
 

Have a healthy day,
 
 
J


1 comment:

  1. Hey! I found you through the Fill in the blank Friday linkup! So glad I found your blog! I love your answers! I totally sympathize on having a kindergartner being so hard. Our son will be starting Pre K all too soon. I'm trying not to even think about Kindergarten next year.he won't be five for several more months and I keep catching my hubby telling people he's five already! Ahhhh Not yet!!!! He needs to stay little and cute forever!!

    Ahh totally agree about the debates. I know it has to be so tempting to just bash everyone else but really... Just get along!!

    Ha movies. I had to think too about what we've seen! We make it to the theater maybe twice a year! But you know, with as lousy as some of them are sometimes I don't complain! I'd rather just rent it on Redbox or Netflix and then I don't feel bad for falling asleep during it!

    I am going to have to find that Buffalo Chicken recipe for my brother. He LOVES that kind of stuff and will be here for a few days on military leave

    have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete