Wednesday, May 16, 2012

What I Love About Today



Dear Wednesday, how do I love thee?  Let me count the ways:
1.  On my way to work today I rocked out to Garth Brooks' "Friends in Low Places". I knew that nothing could go wrong from that point forward.

2. It was almost 70 degrees and sunny by about 9 AM today. I drove to work with my window open.  Being in a bad mood while that was happening was impossible.
3. My baby boy is "pretend 5" today. He turns Real 5 in a few weeks, but since tomorrow is his last day of school, they celebrated it today.  Of course, I remembered at about 6:00 yesterday that I needed to make a birthday treat for him. Since I had dinner plans, I didn't to start baking until about 9:30.  But he's totally worth it.  So Wednesday, I love you because you are giving me a reason to eat a cupcake. And I love cupcakes. Especially ones that look like ice cream cones.
They looked even cuter with a little
gummy life saver on top.
But I have a 3-year-old.
Those gummies are long gone.

4. My pretend 5-year-old is one of the most amazing people I have ever met.  He is funny, kind, thoughtful, and friendly. His name means "wise", and that couldn't be more fitting.  He is wise beyond his years, and impresses me every day. Happy pretend birthday, Buddy.
June 6, 2007. The day my life changed forever. (Yes, that's a tiny IV in his hand.  He was a pretty sick guy.)
September 2011.  Look at how handsome he is.


5.  Zumba.  I love Wednesday because of Zumba.  Tonight is the best class of the week. I'm excited to go get my sweat on.


6. I started my new supplements today.  I'm loving how much I'm learning lately about nutrition and holistic wellness.  I'm putting a lot of trust in my holistic practitioner.  I'm now taking fish oil, calcium, and something to help regulate my sleep cycles and help my food enzymes break down easier. I'll report back in a month to let you know whether or not I feel like a brand new version of myself.  Cheers to reaching optimal health!


That's a lot of good stuff for one day, right?  I hope you're having a day full of good stuff too.  And even if you're not, there's still time to turn it around.  Just turn your car radio to the country station and start jammin out.  Works every time.

Have a healthy day,

J

No comments:

Post a Comment