Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Monday Night in Bed

Right around dinner time last night, it started raining.  No big deal, right?  I thought pretty much nothing of it, and got in the car ready to head to the gym. Monday nights are my Power Body nights, and I was ready to give my ladies a nice sweaty workout.  About half way there, I got the weirdest pain behind my right eye.  It was like an all-of-a-sudden headache on only half of my head.  Figuring that either the weather was messing with me, or that I was dehydrated; I got to the gym and chugged some water. 

Class started and my headache held on for dear life.  I was so annoyed, but kept pushing through it.  I was able to do most of it along with the members. By the time it ended, the right side of my head was still pounding, but not quite as badly.  Now I never get headaches, so this was kindof starting to freak me out. 

By the time I got home I felt so lousy that I seriously took a super hot shower and went straight to bed.  I was lying in the dark watching The Voice at 8:40. My head was killing me. 


Hello, people I'll never meet.  Can you please start dating?
 You'd be really cute together.
I really don't like taking medication for anything, and I just figured that I could fall asleep and it would be all better. The pain was SO bad that it woke me up out of a sound sleep at 11. I  was convinced at this point that I had a gigantic tumor growing on the right side of my head and could barely even pick my head off the pillow. Thank GOD it had subsided substancially by the time my alarm went off this morning.  I downed some super-strength vitamin C, popped some pills (ok, a Zicam and 2 Tylenol) and skipped happily off to work. 

So do you care about my life-altering headache?  Please?  More importantly, do you care that I might be getting a cold?  I DO.  I have a 5K to run in 5 days and anything out of the norm will really cramp my style.  (A headache, a cough, a hunger pain, a hang nail...) This is serious, people. 

On a totally different note, I went to a holistic practitioner yesterday and got a nutrition assessement done.  I'll write more about that tomorrow, but after all was said and done, she said that I am displaying a sensitivity to sugar, eggs, oats, and soy.  What??  This was totally crazy to me.  I have literally NEVER had any food issues!  Sugar is my go-to stress food, eggs are my go-to breakfast food, and soy is my new go-to choice instead of dairy. 

This doesn't mean that I'm allergic to any of these things, just that my body will respond better and I'll be closer to my optimal level of health if I stay away.  Boo. What am I gonna eat?!?!?

So that's is on my end.  I was thinking of grocery shopping later today, but since my head was exploding this morning, I didn't run. So instead of buying food for my family, I will be hitting the gym. 

Have a healthy day,

J

No comments:

Post a Comment