Of course, as my hot-mess luck should have it, my camera died as soon as I snapped the first picture on Saturday morning, so all memories of our first family camping trip must now reside in our heads. EPIC FAIL. So sadly, pictures didn't happen this weekend. But in no particular order, here are some things that DID happen:
- Bodysurfing in the lake
- Building sandcastles
- Neighbors who played their music too loudly til 2 AM
- Baby bunnies
- Live music on the beach
- Doritos, potatoes, bacon, marshmallows, ice cream cones, lemonade, basically every other unhealthy food you can possibly think of
- An air pump that wasn't charged up enough to blow up the air mattress
- A trip to the camp store to purchase a hand-held air pump
- Walking in the woods with flashlights
- Basically every other activity that boys enjoy, including but not limited to, both peeing and brushing teeth outside.
- Mistaking an adult drink for a kid drink... and then being asked to perform a sobriety test in the form of Follow The Leader. (Just kidding, that didn't happen. OMG YES IT DID. We were scared out of our minds that our 5-year-old was gonna be wasted. But thank God he was totally fine. There was hardly anything left in the cup anyway. Maybe the sobriety test was a little over the top...)
- The phrases "I wuv tampin'!!!" and "Woah, camping is so awesome!!"
- Passing out and completely missing both marshmallows and glow-in-the dark bubbles the second night.
Here's what's happening on the workout front:
Monday- 4 mile walk (dare I say Power Walk?) with the stroller/ 1-hour Power Body class
Tuesday- (yep, that's today) Arms with free weights/ Zumba = Dunzo!/ Hopefully "hiking"(walking on a trail) with boys later if it's not a million degrees out.
Wednesday-Friday- some running, more weights, maybe another cardio class or 2, hmmm... the possiblites are endless
What's on your workout agenda for the week???
Have a healthy day,